New Generation Bushfire Weepa
- A weep hole former with a fully stainless steel grate and fire resistant polymer body, designed to protect your home during a bushfire.
- When used in masonry construction it is compliant with Bushfire Attack Levels of AS3959:2018 BAL-LOW, BAL-A12.5, BAL-A19, BAL-A29 and BAL-A40.
- Installed by the bricklayer during construction.
- Suitable for face brick or rendered brick and block.
- The purple mortar protector is removed after installation, leaving a clean and beautiful finish.
- Ensures ventilation and drainage of the cavity to reduce fungal decay and mildew.
- Excludes a wide range of pests.
- Product Code 23-NGBW
If you have installed another Weepa since the 1st of May, 2019 and need to meet BAL-A29 and BAL-A40, please contact our friendly Customer Service Team on 07 3844 3744 for help with a solution.
Installing Weepas during Construction
Bushfire Weepa In Masonry
Install the Weepa between bricks or blocks, at specified intervals and firmly in contact with the flashing. For rendering, set out a few millimetres.
When rendering, the Weepa needs to be loosened in the masonry so the renderer can adjust the Weepa in and out. Grab internal rib to adjust Weepa in and out.
After clean up, use a small, flat screwdriver to prise the mortar cover up at the bottom.
The High Performance Bushfire Weepa has a specially formulated grate (with stainless steel mesh set behind) which chars and self extinguishes.
Bushfire Weepa In Rendered Masonry
Make sure the new Weepa is installed when the masonry wall is built.
Loosen the Weepa and pull out proud of masonry.
Lay on render around the Weepa.
Screen off around the Weepa.
Pat the Weepa flush with the surface.
Float around the Weepa.
For easy removal later, wipe the mortar guard clean now, then again after painting.
After finish and cleanup remove the mortar guard for beautiful weepholes.