Why do I need weep hole protection?
- Weep holes are essential in brick homes to allow for moisture escape and ventilation. However they are also a proven entry point for a variety of pests and for windblown embers during a bushfire.
- The good news is that Weepa have a range of Weephole Protectors which keep pests out of your home and provide protection from ember attack.
Protect your existing home
Pest and Bushfire Protection
- The Protector Weep Hole Screen creates a stainless steel barrier to prevent entry of mice, spiders, cockroaches, bees, wasps, snakes and more. (For termite deterrence use the Weepa Termite Protector).
- The Protector Weep Hole Screen is also compliant with Australian Standard 3959:2018 for all Bushfire Attack Levels (BALs).
- The Protector Weep Hole Screen can be easily fitted by the DIY homeowner.
- The Termite Protector Weep Hole Screen is a unique patented plastic weep hole protector impregnated with bifenthrin to deter termites entering your home through the weep hole.
- The Termite Protector Weep Hole Screen provides deterrence for up to 2 years and is designed to support your termite management plan.
- The Termite Protector Weep Hole Screen can be easily fitted and replaced by the DIY homeowner
The Power of Two
- The Protector Weep Hole Screen and Termite Protector Weep Hole Screen can be used in combination to provide pest, termite and ember exclusion.
- The Protector Weep Hole Screen should be inserted first, to allow the Termite Protector to be replaced every two years. The included tools make this easy by allowing you to control the depth of installation for each Protector.
Building or renovating a home?
- For perfect weep holes from the start, install Weepa weephole formers (“Weepas”) into the brick wall during the construction of your home or extension.
- For rendered brick walls, Weepas make construction easy by providing a formwork and depth gauge for consistent attractive functional weepholes.
- A range of different pre-construction Weepas are available depending on brick sizes and requirements.
- The correct Weepas should be specified on your plans to ensure they are acquired and installed by the brick layer during construction.